Monday, September 5, 2011

I Want a Purple Dress

Some time ago I purchased Simplicity 2724 , a Project Runway pattern. The pattern is versatile: choose a sleeveless bodice or add short or long sleeves. Neckline options include a jewel neck, v-neck with pointed collar, or v-neck with mandarin collar. Join the top to a slim skirt with a vent or a fuller skirt with released pleats. A wide fabric sash and front ruffle detail are additional options with this pattern. A special feature of all Project Runway patterns is a traceable croquis: a sketch of a figure with traceable skirts, sleeves, etc. to enable the user to draw designs before cutting and sewing them. Yardage requirements are listed for each separate element, making it easy to purchase one fabric for the bodice and another for the skirt if desired.

Today I was in Wal-Mart and decided to check out the fabric. (I'm so glad Wal-Mart put the fabric department back!)  For under $10 I got 4 yards of basic purple broadcloth to try out the pattern.  Now on to the croquis!  I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment