Monday, January 30, 2012

Cheap Thrills: Susan Bates Sock Set

While browsing at JoAnn with a 40% off coupon, I happened to see something I'd not noticed before:  a package containing sets of 5 sock needles in 4 small sizes, perfect for sock knitting.  I had been needing some smaller needles, since I knit at a relaxed gauge and have trouble getting my stitches small enough for socks.  With my coupon I spent less than $7 for 4 sets of needles in sizes I needed.  I really appreciate that the needles come in sets of 5 instead of the 4 as with most of my other Susan Bates double points.  The needles are color coded 000 (red); 00 (turquoise); 0 (light yellow); and 1 (green) for convenience. I can finally try some sock patterns with all the proper needles sizes to fine tune my gauge, at less than the cost of one set of European needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment